The OCH Patient Portal gives patients direct access to medical information including; Allergies, Immunizations, Active and inactive medications, Current and past health concerns, and test results.
- A limited number of same-day test and procedure results will be available online
- Health information will be made available for viewing as soon as eight hours after a visit.
For patients who have previously registered an account.
Patients who want to access the OCH Patient Portal
for the first time will need to register a new account.
Registering Your Account
You can opt in to access portal information during a clinic or hospital visit. Once opting in, please follow these instructions to complete registration:
Step 1: Confirmation Email
Log in to your email account. You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours and begin your registration process. The email will be sent from [email protected] and the subject line will state Welcome to the OCH Thrive Patient Portal.
Open the email and clink on the link provided. You will be re-directed to a webpage for portal registration.
If you don’t see a confirmation email, check your spam filter or folder!
Step 2: Registration
Once on the registration page you will be asked to enter your date of birth, email address and phone number. You will then create a unique username and password.
Check the box next to “I verify that the information I have entered above is correct and my own personal information.”
Click the Register button at the bottom of the page. Once an avatar has been chosen click Submit.
Step 3: Security Questions
Use the dropdown menu to choose three security questions, fill in the answers and click the Submit button. Once complete, you should receive a page that says Success and a link to access the portal.
Step 4: Sign-In to your Patient Portal
Upon completing your registration, you may proceed to the OCH Patient Portal.
Having trouble with password resets or portal navigation? Call 417-823-2900 or email us at [email protected]
It is our goal to respond to voicemails and email inquiries within 24 hours, but no later than 3 business days.
Policies & Limitations
The OCH Health System offers a secure viewing and communication service to patients who wish to view their records and communicate with our providers. Secure messaging can be a valuable communications tool, but has certain risks. In order to manage these risks we need to impose some conditions of participation.
The patient portal is provided as a courtesy to our valued patients. We are focused on providing the highest level of service and health care. However, we have the following policies and limitations:
- Do not use the portal communication if there is an emergency, please dial 911 or go to the nearest Emergency Department.
- Diagnosis can only be made and treatments rendered after the patient has been seen by the provider.
- Sensitive subject matters such as: HIV, mental health and workman’s comp are not to be discussed through secure messaging.
- No requests for narcotic pain medication will be accepted through the portal.
- No requests for refill on medications not currently being prescribed by our providers.
After an email has been submitted at check-in we will attempt to send a “welcome message” with a registration link through email. You should receive the email within 24 hours, however if you have not received it within 3 working days please call us at 417-823-2900.
Your Role in Protecting Your Private Health Information
This method of communication and viewing prevents unauthorized parties from being able to access or read messages while they are in transmission. No transmission system is perfect, regardless, it is our goal to maintain the highest level of electronic security with the patient portal. However, keeping messages secure depends on two additional factors:
- The secure message must reach the correct email address.
- Only the correct individual (or someone authorized by that individual) must be able to have access to the message.
- Only you can make sure these two factors are present. It is imperative that we have your correct email address and that you inform us of any changes to your email address. Additional responsibilities include:
- It will also be your responsibility to update your email address in the Settings section of the portal.
- You also need to keep track of who has access to your email account so that only you, or someone you authorize, can see the messages you receive from us.
- You are responsible for protecting yourself from unauthorized individuals learning your password. If you think someone has learned your password, you should promptly go to the Settings section of the portal and change it.
By opting to use the patient portal you acknowledge that you have received, read, understand and are willing to abide by all limitations listed above.
If you, have questions please call 417-823-2900 or email us at [email protected]