Request Medical Records

OCH Medical Records Office
OCH Business Park Offices
1328 E. Evergreen
Springfield, MO 65803

Phone: (417) 837-2050
Fax: (417) 837-2075

OCH of Gravette Medical Records Office
1101 Jackson St. SW
Gravette, AR 72736

Phone: (479) 344-6323
Fax: (479) 344-6324

Medical Records FAQs 
How can I obtain a copy of my medical records?

You must complete the form “Authorization to Release Protected Health Information” to receive a copy of your medical records. This form is available in our office or we would be glad to mail or fax a copy to you. The authorization form must be signed by the patient. If signed by other than the patient, documentation of authority to sign for the patient must be provided. Valid picture identification is required. You can return the form in person, by mail or by fax. Copies provided to the patient are free of charge.

Can you give me my medical information over the phone?

No, we cannot. This is due to the need to protect patient confidentiality. We are not able to confirm identity over the telephone so we do not supply information over the phone. Additionally, we are not clinical personnel and cannot explain test results.

Can someone else pick up my medical records for me?

Yes, but only if the signed authorization form specifies that they may be released to that person. If you wish someone else to pick them up for you, list them as the receiving party, along with yourself, on the authorization.

If the person picking up your medical records was not listed in the original authorization, provide a letter with the date and your signature authorizing the designated person to pick up the records. If we can confirm your signature and the identity of the receiving individual, we will release your records to that person.

Can my spouse get my medical records?

No, only if they have a valid authorization signed by you or your legal representative, specifying that your medical records may be released to that particular individual.

Can I obtain medical records of my minor child?

An authorization must be completed and signed by a custodial parent or legal guardian. In the case of divorced parents, a parent may be asked to provide a copy of the custody order or an authorization signed by the custodial parent. Stepparents, without an order of the court, do not have the necessary authority to consent to the release of the minor child’s medical records.

Medical information of a minor patient relating to pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, drug or alcohol abuse is considered confidential and requires the patient to sign the authorization.

How can I get the medical records of a deceased relative?

The Personal Representative of the Estate of the deceased individual can authorize the release of the medical records of the deceased. The Personal Representative has to be appointed by the Probate Court and bring documentation of the appointment before records will be released. Items such as Durable Power of Attorney or designation as a decision-maker in an Advance Directive are no longer valid after the death of the patient.

If there is no court appointed Personal Representative, a release may be signed by the next-of-kin. In Missouri, the order of priority is spouse, child, parent, sibling. A copy of the death certificate must be provided.

Still have a question? Please feel free to give us a call at (417) 837-4000.