HEALTHY COMMUNITIES. COMPASSIONATE CARE.
Ozarks Community Hospital in Gravette, AR has an immediate opening for full-time Traveling Specimen Processor within the NWA area.
ABOUT OUR HEALTH SYSTEM.
Ozarks Community Hospital is a tri-state safety-net healthcare provider headquartered in Gravette, Arkansas, serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Ozarks. Our facilities include a hospital located in Gravette, Arkansas and a number of satellite clinics located in Southwest Missouri and Northwest Arkansas.
The OCH health system takes great pride in providing patients accredited Patient-Centered Medical Homes through a dozen rural health clinics and as part of a broader range of specialty services located in its two provider-based clinics in Gravette, Arkansas and Springfield, Missouri. Specialty clinic services include Pediatrics, Women’s Health, Diabetes Care, Hepatitis C, Urology, Geriatrics, Pain Management, and the FLAG (Fatty Liver and Goals) Clinic.
Our Mission: Ozarks Community Hospital and clinics are dedicated to providing exceptional healthcare and preventive services to all patients in an atmosphere of compassion, respect, and dignity, with a commitment to care for the underserved and to improve access to care.
· Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
· Up to 3.5 weeks of possible PTO first year (40 hour work week)
· 401k with company match
Job Summary: Under direction of the Laboratory Manager and technical direction of the Pathologist, the Specimen Processor/Lab Assistant is responsible for independently obtaining and registering specimens and delivering results to providers in the hospital laboratory and contributing to general operation of the laboratory. The Specimen Processor/Lab Assistant must demonstrate skills in obtaining specimens from all age groups serviced utilizing a variety of blood collection devices and safety devices. He/she must also demonstrate good clerical skills and computer skills in data entry and communications skills with patients, coworkers, and other departments. This position is also responsible for specimen processing of samples sent to approved reference labs and other lab departments.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A certificate in Phlebotomy from an accredited phlebotomy course or Certified Office Laboratory Technician, or Patient Care Technician (PCT) is preferred. On the job training is also acceptable.
- 0-1 year experience.
- Current CPR certification approved by the American Heart Association (BLS, Heartsaver, or Friends & Family) upon hire or must be obtained during orientation period or at the next available scheduled class.
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills; medical terminology background preferred.
OCH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.