HEALTHY COMMUNITIES. COMPASSIONATE CARE.
Ozarks Community Hospital in Springfield, MO has an immediate opening for a full-time Specimen Processor within our Evergreen Clinic.
ABOUT OUR HEALTH SYSTEM.
Ozarks Community Hospital is a safety-net healthcare provider headquartered in Gravette, Arkansas, serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Ozarks. Our facilities include a hospital located in Gravette, Arkansas and a number of satellite clinics located in Southwest Missouri and Northwest Arkansas.
The OCH health system takes great pride in providing patients accredited Patient-Centered Medical Homes through a dozen rural health clinics and as part of a broader range of specialty services located in its two provider-based clinics in Gravette, Arkansas and Springfield, Missouri. Specialty clinic services include Pediatrics, Women’s Health, Diabetes Care, Hepatitis C, Urology, Geriatrics, Pain Management, and the FLAG (Fatty Liver and Goals) Clinic.
Our Mission: Ozarks Community Hospital and clinics are dedicated to providing exceptional healthcare and preventive services to all patients in an atmosphere of compassion, respect, and dignity, with a commitment to care for the underserved and to improve access to care.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Up to 3.5 weeks of possible PTO first year (40 hour work week)
- 401k with company match
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Clinic Manager, the Specimen Processor is responsible for independently obtaining specimens, processing specimens, and ordering tests in the LIS. The Specimen Processor must demonstrate skills in obtaining specimens from all age groups serviced utilizing a variety of blood collection devices and safety devices. He/she must also demonstrate good clerical skills, computer skills in data entry and communications skills with patients, coworkers, and other departments. The Specimen Processor may be required to collect specimens from patients in local nursing homes. This position is also responsible for the processing of samples sent to approved reference labs and all lab departments.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A certificate in Phlebotomy from an accredited phlebotomy course and ASCP certification are preferred but not required.
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills; medical terminology background preferred.
- Must be able to trouble-shoot all office equipment including copiers and printers.
- Current CPR certification approved by the American Heart Association (BLS, Heartsaver, or Friends & Family) is preferred.
OCH is an Equal Opportunity Employer