HEALTHY COMMUNITIES. COMPASSIONATE CARE.
Ozarks Community Hospital in Gravette, AR has an immediate opening for multiple full-time Medical Technician’s within our Laboratory Department.
ABOUT OUR HEALTH SYSTEM.
Ozarks Community Hospital is a safety-net healthcare provider headquartered in Gravette, Arkansas, serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Ozarks. Our facilities include a hospital located in Gravette, Arkansas and a number of satellite clinics located in Southwest Missouri and Northwest Arkansas.
Ozarks Community Hospital takes great pride in providing patients accredited Patient-Centered Medical Homes through a dozen rural health clinics and as part of a broader range of specialty services located in its two provider-based clinics in Gravette, Arkansas and Springfield, Missouri. Specialty clinic services include Pediatrics, Women’s Health, Diabetes Care, Hepatitis C, Urology, Geriatrics, Pain Management, and the FLAG (Fatty Liver and Goals) Clinic.
Our Mission: Ozarks Community Hospital and clinics are dedicated to providing exceptional healthcare and preventive services to all patients in an atmosphere of compassion, respect, and dignity, with a commitment to care for the underserved and to improve access to care.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Up to 3.5 weeks of possible PTO first year (40 hour work week)
- 401k with company match
Job Summary: Under direction of the Laboratory Manager and technical direction of the Pathologist, the Clinical Laboratory Scientist/Medical Technologist is responsible for independently obtaining, registering, testing patient samples and delivering results to providers in a hospital laboratory and contributing to general maintenance of the laboratory, equipment and supplies. In addition, he/she must demonstrate the ability to competently perform, problem-solve and report accurately all of the established routine and complex clinical laboratory tests and procedures under general supervision. He/she may assist in instructing other personnel as assigned. He/she is able to correlate and interpret data based on knowledge of physiological conditions affecting test results, recognize problems, identify the cause, and resolve solutions to problems.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate from an accredited program with a Baccalaureate degree in Clinical Laboratory Science/Medical Technology or science, including Military Degrees. A copy of his or her bachelor degree must be available within 6 months of graduation.
- Current certification as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist or Medical Technologist through CLS (NCA), MT (ASCP) or equivalent preferred.
- Experience not required but 1-3 years’ experience is desirable
- Demonstrates the ability to perform the technical skills and critical thinking outlined in the performance standards.
- Current CPR certification approved by the American Heart Association (BLS, Heartsaver, or Friends & Family) upon hire or must be obtained during orientation period or at the next available scheduled class. Throughout employment, AHA CPR certification must be maintained by renewal period or at next available scheduled class.
As a condition of employment, all employees of OCH must receive the complete dosing regimen of one of the COVID-19 vaccines currently authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). If applicable, candidates may apply for a medical or religious exemption from the COVID-19 vaccine after a conditional job offer has been made by submitting an exemption request form(s). For more questions about OCH’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, please contact OCH’s Human Resources department.
OCH is an Equal Opportunity Employer