HEALTHY COMMUNITIES. COMPASSIONATE CARE.
Ozarks Community Hospital in Gravette, AR has an immediate openings for multiple full-time Laboratory Technicians (MLT/MT) within our Laboratory Department.
ABOUT OUR HEALTH SYSTEM.
Ozarks Community Hospital is a safety-net healthcare provider headquartered in Gravette, Arkansas, serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Ozarks. Our facilities include a hospital located in Gravette, Arkansas and a number of satellite clinics located in Southwest Missouri and Northwest Arkansas
The OCH health system takes great pride in providing patients accredited Patient-Centered Medical Homes through a dozen rural health clinics and as part of a broader range of specialty services located in its two provider-based clinics in Gravette, Arkansas and Springfield, Missouri. Specialty clinic services include Pediatrics, Women’s Health, Diabetes Care, Hepatitis C, Urology, Geriatrics, Pain Management, and the FLAG (Fatty Liver and Goals) Clinic.
Our Mission: Ozarks Community Hospital and clinics are dedicated to providing exceptional healthcare and preventive services to all patients in an atmosphere of compassion, respect, and dignity, with a commitment to care for the underserved and to improve access to care.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Up to 3.5 weeks of possible PTO first year (40 hour work week)
- 401k with company match
Job Summary: Under direction of the Laboratory Manager and technical direction of the Pathologist, the Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) or Medical Technologists (MT) is responsible for independently obtaining, registering, testing patient samples and delivering results to providers in a hospital laboratory. The Technician must demonstrate the ability to competently perform, problem-solve and report accurately all of the established routine clinical laboratory tests and procedures under general supervision. In addition, the Technician must be able to correlate and interpret data based on knowledge of physiological conditions affecting test results, recognize problems, identify the cause, and resolve solutions to problems. This position is also responsible in contributing to general maintenance of the laboratory, equipment and supplies.
- Graduate from an accredited program with an Associate Degree in Clinic Laboratory Science, including Military Degrees.
- Current certification as a Clinical Laboratory Technician or Medical Laboratory Technician through NCA, ASCP, AMT or exam eligible. (Employees with Military Degrees are exempt.)
- Experience not required, but 1-3 years’ experience is desirable
- Demonstrates the ability to perform the technical skills and critical thinking outlines in the performance standards.
OCH is an Equal Opportunity Employer