HEALTHY COMMUNITIES. COMPASSIONATE CARE.
OCH Health System in Gravette, Arkansas has an immediate opening for a full-time Community Health Worker.
ABOUT OUR HEALTH SYSTEM
The OCH health system is a regional safety-net healthcare provider serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Ozarks. It encompasses a hospital in Gravette, AR and 16 clinics located throughout Southwest Missouri and Northwest Arkansas area with locations in the following communities: Springfield, Nixa, Carthage, Marshfield, Noel, Bolivar, Rogersville, Sparta, Mt. Vernon and Gravette, AR.
OCH offers a diverse set of benefits, such as:
- Very competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Up to 3.5 weeks of possible PTO per year starting after the first 90 days (Based on FT hours)
Job Summary: Under the Manager of Integrated Care, CHWs will work with the high-utilizer (frequent ER visits and/or multiple hospitalizations) subset of Primary Care Health Home (PCHH) participants with a goal of stabilizing outpatient status and management and reducing avoidable hospital and emergency department use. Them/They will provide a bridge between the PCHH and FACT Community Partnership, helping to bridge social determinants of health impacting PCHH patients’ health and well-being. CHW’s will provide informal counseling and social support, culturally appropriate health education, and basic screening services.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one (1) year’s medical office experience, preferred.
- Previous experience with Medicaid coverage, preferred.
- Previous experience conducting interviews, preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License. This position will require a Motor Vehicle Driving Record Background Check that will be completed during the on-boarding new hire process and throughout employment.
- Current BLS certification upon hire or obtained at next available scheduled class.
OCH is an equal opportunity employer