HEALTHY COMMUNITIES. COMPASSIONATE CARE.
Ozarks Community Hospital in Southwest City, MO has an immediate opening for a full-time Medical Assistant/Receptionist within our Southwest City Clinic.
ABOUT OUR HEALTH SYSTEM.
Ozarks Community Hospital is a safety-net healthcare provider headquartered in Gravette, Arkansas, serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Ozarks. Our facilities include a hospital located in Gravette, Arkansas and a number of satellite clinics located in Southwest Missouri and Northwest Arkansas.
Ozarks Community Hospital takes great pride in providing patients accredited Patient-Centered Medical Homes through a dozen rural health clinics and as part of a broader range of specialty services located in its two provider-based clinics in Gravette, Arkansas and Springfield, Missouri. Specialty clinic services include Pediatrics, Women’s Health, Diabetes Care, Hepatitis C, Urology, Geriatrics, Pain Management, and the FLAG (Fatty Liver and Goals) Clinic.
Our Mission: Ozarks Community Hospital and clinics are dedicated to providing exceptional healthcare and preventive services to all patients in an atmosphere of compassion, respect, and dignity, with a commitment to care for the underserved and to improve access to care.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Up to 3.5 weeks of possible PTO first year (40 hour work week)
- 401k with company match
Job Summary: Provides patient care in the office setting. Provides care that meets the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care; meets the communication needs of patient and family; provides care that reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations, under the supervision of a Licensed Practical Nurse, Registered Nurse and/or physician and clinic manager. Maintains regulatory requirements, nursing and office policies, procedures and standards. Communicates with physicians and team members about patient's clinical condition, including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Graduate from an accredited Medical Assisting Program approved by the US Department of Education, the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, or otherwise approved.
- Current certification or registration as a Medical Assistant (AMT, AAMP, AAH, AAMA or NCCT). Throughout employment, certification or registration must be maintained to hold Medical Assistant Level IV status.
- 1 year of related experience working in a medical clinic or office, preferred.
- Current BLS certification upon hire or BLS certification must be obtained during orientation period or at next available scheduled class. Throughout employment, current BLS certification must be maintained by renewal during renewal period or at next available scheduled class.
- Float positions require a Valid Driver’s License.
As a condition of employment, all employees of OCH must receive the complete dosing regimen of one of the COVID-19 vaccines currently authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). If applicable, candidates may apply for a medical or religious exemption from the COVID-19 vaccine after a conditional job offer has been made by submitting an exemption request form(s). For more questions about OCH’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, please contact OCH’s Human Resources department.
OCH is an Equal Opportunity Employer