About OCH Health System
Our Mission: Ozarks Community Hospital and clinics are dedicated to providing exceptional healthcare and preventive services to all patients in an atmosphere of compassion, respect, and dignity, with a commitment to care for the under served and to improve access to care.
OCH Health System is a community driven health system made up of one hospital and many clinics located throughout the Ozarks. We pride ourselves on our employees’ commitment to do what is right, no matter the cost.Together, our hospital staff is dedicated to providing a compassionate environment for each of our patients and continued access to healthcare for all:
- OCH Health System is the lowest cost healthcare system in the nation based on hospital and physician utilization by Medicare beneficiaries.
- More than 80% of patients visiting OCH have governmental insurance or are self pay.
- OCH Health System provides discounts of 40% or more to uninsured patients
- OCH Health System has never sued a patient to collect a bill.
- OCH Health System has never reported a patient to a credit bureau for nonpayment.
- OCH Health System does not receive public or private support and pays all local, state and federal taxes.
Long-Term Care Collaboration
OCH Health System works closely with many long-term care facilities throughout the Ozarks. Our physicians provide medical direction and patient care services to 75% of the long-term care facilities in the Springfield regional healthcare market. Direct and bedside admissions to OCH Health System expedite the admissions process, increasing efficiency for patients and the facilities. In addition to transport services to and from facilities, OCH also employs wound specialists who provide wound assessment for nursing home residents. The wound care team works directly with long-term care facilities to develop a plan of care that can be managed in the facility with the products they use. Collaboration with area long-term care facilities ensures high continuity of care for each patient.
- Number of facilities in Springfield regional healthcare market: 69
- Number of beds in Springfield regional healthcare market: 6,297
- Number of facilities with OCH medical directors of patient care provided by OCH: 52
- Number of beds under direction of UCH through LTCF: 4,559 (75%)
Data listed is according to December 2012 research.